Some of Fiona's scrummy recipes to try out!
Seedy Cake Bar
300g porridge oats
100g mixed pumpkin and sunflower seeds
50g plain flour
200g golden syrup
150g soft brown sugar
150g dried apricots/dates/cranberries
125g peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix oats, seeds, coconut and flour in a bowl.
- Melt butter and syrup then mix in apricots, peanut butter and vanilla.
Pour into the dry ingredients.
- Press into baking tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool in tin before cutting it into squares.
- Close the curtains, take the phone off the hook and eat!
Gluten Free Lemon Drizzle Cake
200g caster sugar
175g ground almonds
250g mashed potatoes
Zest 3 lemons
2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
4 tsbp sugar
Juice 1 lemon
- Beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy, like a tarts pants, gradually add the egg, to the mixture, not the pants. Fold in the almonds, cold mashed potato (I boiled up 300g to give me the 250g needed – but peel them first !!!), lemon zest and baking powder.
- Tip into tin, level the top, and bake for 40-45 minutes (gas 4 or equivalent) until golden and a skewer comes out clean. To get it to look like mine turn it out too soon then ram back into the tin and when cold cover with the drizzle which you’ve made by mixing the sugar and lemon juice together.